Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Looking for Donations

Alright everyone, it's time for me to shamelessly solicit your hard earned cash.  I know, I know, I 've asked before, and many of you were generous enough to donate money towards uniforms, and other expenses involved with sending not only me, but other team members to New York for the 2011 World Police and Fire Games...once again, I thank you.

This time however, it's not about me...remember?  This time it's about raising money for the Semper Fi Fund...a charity that provides financial support to injured United States Marines, as well as families of those US Marines who made the ultimate sacrifice for our great country.

On December 1st I will be competing in an annual mountain bike endurance racing event...The Dawn to Dusk race.  Check out details of the event at http://www.dcbadventures.com/Event/dawn-to-dusk.  The race is held on the Pemberton Trail within the McDowell Mountain Regional Park, just outside of Scottsdale, Arizona.  The course consists of a 15.5 mile loop that traverses the base of the majestic McDowell Mountain Range.  I have committed to the event as a solo rider, which means that I will not be part of a team...just me against the clock...and the trail.  As a soloist, I will ride as many laps around the course as possible, from dawn to dusk...hence the name.



I have decided to solicit per-mile donations in an attempt to raise $1000 for the Semper Fi Fund.  The money raised during this ride will go towards the total amount that I raise throughout the year...this is but one of a number of fundraising 'drives' that I will be doing between now and October 2013.

"So just how do I make a pledge or contribution" you ask?  Here's how...

Please visit my Facebook Page, 'Riding for a Cause' at www.facebook.com/ridingforacause and simply comment that you would like to make a pledge or a donation.  After I have completed my race, I will post the results for all too see (it's an accountability thing), and then I will be contacting each of you via FB, email, phone, pony express, etc. to provide payment details.  If you have not heard of the Ride for Semper Fi, please visit their website to see who they are, and what amazing things they are doing to raise money for these true American Heroes.  Click on the Ride 430 link under CHECK OUT THESE LINKS on the right side of this page, or simply click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment