Sunday, July 24, 2011

41 Days and Counting...

It' all done!  It took it out for a test ride this morning, and made it back with zero crashes!  I am happy to say that I was able to do everything myself this time, well...except for one thing.  Tomorrow I need to take it in to the bike shop and have them perform their magic on the drive-train so that the shifting is super crisp...it's a little sloppy right now, but it all works!  I even managed to get rid of about 95% of the cable slap within the frame that was making so much noise, and driving me crazy!

And there it is...back together again...and dirty!
I also debuted my new helmet today...the POC Trabec, a super-light and super-strong helmet.  POC Sports has been making full-face helmets and body armor for the downhill guys for years, and now they have brought their lightweight, high-strength technology to the cross-country arena.  It is so light and comfortable, that I honestly forgot it was on my head!  It looks pretty cool too.

Now all I have left to do is put my other bike back together.  You might remember that I gave it a bit of an upgrade after I stripped down my new bike after the crash.  Well, in order to rebuild the new bike, I had to take back all of the parts that I swapped over...twice the work!

This bike has to be ready by next weekend for Sedona and Flagstaff!


1 comment: