Tuesday, July 12, 2011

53 Days and Counting...

So the good news is that my Tibia is fine...no fracture and no foreign body lodged in my leg!  So why the big bump and pain still?  Who knows...just have to suck it up I guess.  I suppose the bone is just bruised and there is a fair amount of tissue damage around the area...it'll heal in time.

What's the bad news you ask?  I told you yesterday that I would be posting some numbers today...that's the bad news!  While I still weigh 185 pounds, my body fat has risen...almost an entire percent!  That is not good.  It's time to get serious about reaching my goal again.  There have been too many slip-ups (eating) and not enough training lately.  I blame the eating mistakes on no one else but me...but the training...well yeah, that's on me too.  Elbow pain or not, I am going to have to hit the weights, and get my muscles fired up to burn off the remaining fat.  

If you have been following my blog for a while now, you know where I stand on resistance training and it's effect on body composition.  Due to my elbow pain, I have been avoiding hitting the strength training component of my program...and it shows.  So...Ibuprofen and ice...here I come!  I am going to need to simply push through the discomfort and get it done!

So that's what I am going to go do right now...sweat it out in my garage!

Oh wait...I almost forgot to tell you about my ride this morning.  It was the first time I had been on my bike since the crash.  Everything felt okay, but I was a little sore in some places that I wont mention here on my blog :)  It was a short ride this morning, as I had to get back home and start training clients by 730.  I figured if it was gonna be a a short one, it had better be high intensity, so I set out at a race-pace in the big ring, and never let off.  While I didn't crash today, it seems that I cannot go for a ride these days without drawing a little blood!  As I was rounding a turn, at a fairly good rate of speed, I cut it too close to a tree that was hanging into the trail...apparently a very sharp one!  It left it's mark on me as if to say "Hey...I live here...if yo run into me, I'll cut you!"  And cut me it did...nothing major, just a scratch, but it bled pretty good.  Oh well, at least I didn't crash!

more blood...no crash!

 By the way, take a look at the bracelet I am wearing...RIDE430.COM.  Go online and check it out right now...I have added a link in my favorites, on this blog page.  A friend of mine is raising money for the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund...to provide financial help for injured marines and their families.  Money is raised for the fund through a 'cause-ride' where a number of people will ride their bikes (bicycles, not motorcycles) from Phoenix to San Diego.  Their goal this year is to raise $300,000!  Go online right now and see how you can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment