Monday, July 11, 2011

54 Days and Counting...

Hello everyone...only 54 days left!  I still have some things to finish up...like losing a little more body fat (I'll post new numbers tomorrow morning), adding a little more muscle mass (gonna be tough with the elbow issue), finishing up my training program, and getting my race jersey made.  Yep, that's right, my riding/racing partner Paul and I are going to get custom 'one-off' race jerseys made up to represent the Sun City Fire Olympic Team, and to uphold our commitment to our sponsors.  I've been dragging my feet on this for some time now, but it looks as though it's finally time to make it happen.  Oh yeah...one more thing...I need to get a new frame for my bike!  I haven't heard back from Ellsworth yet regarding my broken frame, after they received it on Thursday, but I have high hopes that they'll be sending me a replacement very soon.  If not...I'll be swapping all of the parts from my new bike over to my other bike.  I am very blessed to have a 'back up' bike for my race!  Oh, and don't get me wrong...my back-up bike is still an amazing piece of equipment as you can see below.

My back-up bike...a 2008 Ellsworth Evolve...an amazing bike!
I'm feeling a little better, healing up from the crash last week.  I am going to see the doctor today however, because the swelling on my left shin has not gone away, it's extremely painful still, and there is still blood pooling all around my ankle.  I am interested to see if there is a fracture in my tibia!

I'll be posting again tomorrow...updating my numbers, and checking to see if I have progressed or not...there's actually a chance that I may have started to back-slide...tune in tomorrow to find out!

1 comment: