Wednesday, July 6, 2011

59 Days and Counting...

With every word I type I can feel the sting from the crease under my left 'pinkie' finger, where a small chunk of flesh was gouged out...its kind of like the way a blister feels once it has been popped, and it dries out a little, and cracks...only now it is in the crease of a finger that you don't think about usually.  Don't get me wrong...it doesn't hurt that bad...just really annoying!


Also, I still have a bump on my left shin that is extremely tender to the touch...there might actually be something embedded in my leg, but I cant tell for sure...maybe a small rock or something.  Time will tell I suppose.  Possibly the worst part about it is the fact that I smacked my elbow pretty hard on something (probably the bed of rocks I landed on)...and yes...it was the bad elbow.  I also hit my shoulder hard, so its pretty sore, especially when I raise my arm overhead. I included a couple photos of what my pesky little injuries look like two days after the crash.

Yesterday morning I made the call to Ellsworth Handcrafted Bikes...a call I was really not looking forward to.  To my surprise, they were very good about it (no that I was expecting them to be bad) and asked that I ship the frame back to them ASAP so that they could inspect it, and ship a replacement out to me, as soon as they could.  They have two large frames left in stock, so if all goes well, they should be able to get me a new frame in just a few days!

So hopefully I will have in new frame in hand in a week or so, and I can begin the Great Ellsworth Bike Build-Part Deux!  There are a couple of components that got pretty beat up as well, so I may need to replace them...thankfully they are inexpensive!

I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.  Thanks to everyone for your kind words and get well wishes...they are much appreciated!




1 comment:

  1. John,
    Those pictures are a little creepy, whats with the lighting, LOL. I am happy you are ok and only suffer some cuts/scratches/bruises. It sure could have been worse. And one more thing, don't let these small set backs get in your head. Keep your eye on the prize, in this case the race you have been training for, you will succeed. The psychological affect could be worse than the physical affects of a crash. The past is the past, forge on my friend.

    Scott
    www.travelwithscott.com

    ReplyDelete