Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 33...It's all about Commitment!

In last night's post, I said that I would not be blogging this weekend due to a workshop that I am in.  I realized however, that I have committed to posting to this blog, and failing to do so is actually failing at my commitment.  To some, that may seem petty or inconsequential...but not to me.

I am on a journey...one which requires a high level of commitment.  How successful will I be if I am not fully committed...in all aspects of the journey.  Can I pick and choose...arbitrarily deciding which area is truly worthy of commitment?  I think not.  Commitment requires consistency...plain and simple.  This morning I am scheduled to be at Athletes' Performance for day two of the Tignum Coaches Workshop.  Today I am also scheduled to get in a strength workout.  I could skip it without causing too much of a setback in my training plan, that's true.  But if I skipped my workout today, what else would I justify skipping tomorrow, or the next day?  So today I got up at 5:30 so that I could get in a good workout prior to class.  

Are there areas of your life (and I'm talking health and fitness here) that need a stronger commitment? If you're like me, there most certainly are!  The good news however, is that change is merely one simple choice away.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment