Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 37...Sponsorships are coming in!

Participation in the World Police and Fire Games will be quite costly.  Travel, lodging, meals, registration fees, transportation of bikes and equipment, training expenses...the list is long.  Historically, participants have sought personal and corporate sponsorship to offset some of the costs associated with representing their organizations and their home state, during the Games.  I am one of seven firefighters from the Sun City Fire Department who will be competing.  We have formed a team, the Sun City Fire Olympic Team, and have attained non-profit status in the state of Arizona.  We are currently waiting for our 501(c)3 status, which should be completed sometime in June.

I have been working diligently to secure sponsors for our team, as each member was challenged to raise a minimum of $2000 cash.  While cash is king, we are gladly accepting 'in-kind' donations as well.  I am excited to say that I have been able to raise some very nice in-kind donations, as well as a little cash.

To date, the following companies have graciously provided sponsorship to either myself or the team:

Athletes' Performance
Fitness Anywhere...the makers of the incredible TRX Suspension Training device
Polar (heart rate monitors and cycle computers)


I would encourage you to please take a look at our sponsors' websites, and if applicable, please do business with them in the future.  They have been gracious enough to help us out, and I would like to reciprocate by spreading the word.

We hope this list gets longer each day, as more companies feel compelled to aid us in our journey to New York in September.  If you know anyone who would like to donate to this worthy cause, or if you or your company would like to help, please visit our team's website at www.suncityfireolympics.com for details regarding the Games, as well as sponsorship information.

I am waiting to hear back from Ellsworth Handcrafted Bikes about my request for sponsorship in the form of a new bike.  I have been told that they will be giving me a brand new carbon racing frame, and offering me components at wholesale.  The bikes are on back order, so I am waiting to hear back from them.  I wont consider it a done deal until then, but rest assured...if it does come through, you will all know about it!

We also have a facebook page...Sun City Fire Olympic Team...still building it, but go check it out and 'Like' us!

As always...thanks so much for following my little journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment