Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 38...Numbers, Numbers, and More Numbers

Being Thursday, it's time to post some new numbers and see what kind of progress I am making.  I weighed in this morning at 185 pounds...down from my starting weight of 194 pounds.  At first glance, that would seem to represent a loss of 9 pounds, but remember, we need to take a look at how much body fat I have lost, so here goes...

Today my body fat was at 14.4%...just .4% off of my goal of 14% at 182 lbs.  Taking a closer look though, it appears that I have actually lost 10 pounds of body fat, and added 1 pound of lean muscle.

Here's the math...remember, I hate math!

Total weight:185 x BF%: 14.4 = 26.64 pounds (fat weight)
Total weight: 185 - fat weight: 26.64 = lean weight: 158.36 pounds

Looking back at my records, I see that my lean weight was 157.26 pounds.  So it appears that I have added roughly one pound of lean muscle mass, while losing 9.83 pounds of fat...not too shabby!  I have nearly reached my 12-week goal in roughly 6-weeks.  If I had lost a significant amount of lean muscle mass, then I would be a little concerned that I was not taking in enough calories, but it appears that everything is going well.  I will continue with my current eating/exercise plan for another week, possibly two, then re-evaluate so I can set my next goal.

As soon as I finish blogging, I heading out for a ride...yep, that's right...a real ride.  I informed my physical therapist yesterday that I have a race on the 19th that I cannot miss, and that I will have to start getting in some real miles.  He wasn't thrilled with the idea, but he also said he was happy that I have managed to stay off of it (for the most part) for as long as I have.  So wish me luck, as I begin to log some real miles!

Stayed tuned to see how it all turns out...oh yeah, I'm playing golf this Saturday...that should be interesting!  I haven't golfed in over a year!  FORE!

1 comment:

  1. John tomorrow is all about having some fun...looking so fwd to that!

    ReplyDelete