Friday, August 26, 2011

A Wake-up Call

Just when you begin to think that your own life is chaotic, God gives you a little wake-up call. Today I just found out that a friend of mine, whom I have not had the opporutnity to see for quite some time, has created a blog, to chronicle the heart wrenching story of his newborn baby girl Ryan.  My friend, Jared Clifford, is a firefighter for the city of Goodyear, Arizona.  I was fortunate enough to have met Jared when he worked with the Sun City Fire Department, and have considered him a friend ever since.

Jared and his wife Michelle learned that their baby girl was to be born with spina-bifida and a congenital heart defect, when they received an ultrasound to reveal the sex of the baby.  Since then, it has been a whirlwind of emotions for the Cliffords, but they have held strong to their faith in Christ throughout this challenge.

I have added their blog to my favorites list, and I ask that you take a few moments to read their story.  I guarantee it will touch your heart...deeply.  Please keep my friend and his family in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment