Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 24: Did I ride yesterday?

You betcha!  I took a chance, broke the rules, and had some fun!  It was nice getting back on the bike, even if I just went for a relatively easy...wait a minute!  I didn't go for an easy ride, I jumped right in and did some serious technical climbing on extremely rocky terrain...really putting my elbow to the test.  A little too much so, it seams.  Yep...today my elbow hurts a little more than it did yesterday.  I am hoping some of it has to do with the brutal tissue scraping that I recieved during a morning PT session yesterday. 

I was not scheduled for therapy yesterday, but I woke up with pain and achiness in a different part of the elbow.  I compare it to an onion...it seems as though we are peeling layers of pain away, only to find new layers of pain in slightly different locations.  Anyway...I called first thing in the morning to see if they could squeeze me in, and to my surprise, they told me to come over right away.  I love the fact that my Physical Therapist is a close friend!

It appears that due to the restricted movement I have been experiencing in my elbow, some compensatory movement patterns have been created, thus placing greater-than-normal stress on other tisues in and around the joint capsule.  That being said, the next hour was spent working to release the tight muscle tissues of my triceps and posterior deltoid muscles.  It was extremely painful! 

I am not looking forward to tomorrow morning, as I have another appointment.   I'm not worried so much about the deep tissue work that will occur, as much as I am worried about telling my therapist that I rode!  Hopefully he will understand that taking the last 2 weeks off was a huge feat for me.  We'll see.

Today however, I am at work, and I need to get motivated to get a strength workout completed.  It is difficult to get a good workout in here, as our 'fitness center' is really just a small room stuffed with some equipment.  Needless to say, it is difficult to get motivated here at work...not to mention the constant interruption of emergency calls.  I guess I shouldnt complain...I should feel blessed just to have the opportunity to train while I am at work, and not have to squeeze something in like most people do.

I am planning on doing a circuit on the TRX tonite...a great fitness tool that everyone should have.  If you haven't seen or tried a TRX before, click on the TRX Suspension Training link to the right.  You should be able to access some videos that show the amazing versatility of this compact, portable gym in a bag.  I you would like to purchase one, you can do so by visiting my website at http://www.scisport.net/.  Just click on the TRX at the top of the page.  I am an affiliate dealer for Fitness Anywhere (the manufacturer of the TRX), so if you purchase through my site, I get a small commission, and you get a bonus gift, valued at $20.  So give it a try!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment