Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 67...Workout of the Day

I know, I know...you were all expecting something on carbohydrates...but that doesn't start until tomorrow.  This post is for me!  It's all about accountability, right?  I have decided to post my Workout of the Day...everyday.  This will (hopefully) be in addition to, or combined with my nutrition posts, and anything else I might be blogging about.  Also...this may be of no interest to you, but it will serve as another form of accountability for me.  If I know that there are people out there who be reading my WOD posts, then I will be more likely to get them in, and then write about them. 

So...here is today's Workout of the Day:

Today I performed some ESD training intervals.  It was short, sweet, and very demanding...oh yeah, and EFFICIENT!

1.  Versaclimber Intervals  10 second sprint-20 second rest  10 sets  (max HR was 178)
2.  Rest 3 minutes
3.  Versaclimber Intervals 10 second sprint-20 second rest  10 sets (max HR was 184)
4.  Rest 3 minutes
5.  Rope Undulations (medium intensity)  30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest  10 sets (max HR was 168)
6.  Rest 2 minutes
7.  Rope Undulations  (high intensity)  15 seconds on, 15 seconds off  5 sets (max HR 170)
8.  Rest 1 minute
9.  Rope Undulations (medium intensity)  1 minute on, 30 seconds off 5 sets (max HR 182)
10.  DONE!  512 kcal of high quality, ESD training!

Don't forget...tomorrow we dive into the Carbohydrate (CHO)!

1 comment: